- When: 4th Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Additionally, classes will also be held on every second Friday, April through September.)
- Where: Lang-Carson Community Center
- What: RRC offers Homebuyer Education classes that meet the requirements for many local down payment assistance programs.
- Cost: The cost is $50 per person, which includes lunch and a homebuyers’ manual.
These engaging and interactive workshops are led by a certified housing counselor along with community experts in the field.
Topics covered include:
- Budgeting and Money Management
- Community Engagement
- Down Payment Assistance Programs
Participants also learn from community presenters about the roles of loan officers, real estate agents, insurance agents, inspectors, closing attorneys, and the services they offer. Participants must attend an individual counseling appointment with our Housing Counselor in order to each receive a certificate.
To ensure that our clients receive uniform and quality service, RRC is HUD-approved and adheres to the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
To register for an on-site workshop complete registration on below. You will receive a confirmation email and additional information shortly after.
RRC is happy to also offer an online version of the course, which is approximately 8 hours long, also HUD-approved, and meets the qualifications for many local down payment assistance programs.
The course is $99 per person and can be taken all at once or spread out over multiple days, weeks, or even months. Each individual taking the course must register, complete the course separately and attend an individual counseling appointment with our Housing Counselor in order to each receive a certificate.
IMPORTANT: Select Invest Atlanta programs and all NSP programs require a 2 hour one-on-one session with a housing counselor. Online education is not accepted by the DeKalb County First-Time Buyers Program or the Clayton County Homebuyer Program.
To register for our online course visit http://www.ehomeamerica.org/rrc